Saturday, January 8, 2011

What I liked at CES 2011

Today I just arrived home after spending time skiing in Czech Republic. My trip took place during the CES 2011, so I couldn't cover latest news. So I decided, to sum-up the hottest (in my opinion) informations, and bring it in the ascending order.





5. Sony Ericsson XPERIA Arc

The specs aren't the best ones, but you can't say that this device looks bad. It's beautiful, 8.7 millimeters thin, with a 4.2" Reality display with Sony Mobile BRAVIA® Engine. Also the cool thing is, that it's running Android 2.3 Gingerbread.


 

 

4. Samsung Infuse 4G

New "Galaxy line" product from Samsung. Looks cool, much better than European GalaxyS, just like AT&T Captivate. The specs are also good including 8MP camera and 4.5" SuperAMOLED display, the CPU is the Hummingbird, overclocekd to 1.2 GHz, but shame it isn't dual-core.







3. LG Optimus 2x

We knew almost everything about this device before CES, that's why it is on 3rd place here. Although it was a pleasure to see it in action, Tegra2 performing 1080p HDMI mirroring and so on. It looks like it's really snappy, also the build quality seems to be top class.





2. Android 3.0 Honeycomb

The new Android really impressed me. Fresh, clean and elegant user interface, redesigned homescreen app really makes tablets hot. Once againg Google showed, that they know how to do things. I'm looking forward to new devices equipped with big displays, dual-core CPU's and lots of cool features!






 



1. Motorola Atrix

This device is a real monster. With dual-core Tegra2, 1 GB of RAM, 960x540 display and 1930 mAh battery, it's surely the best smartphone out there. The new Motorola seems to be quite solid device. The Motoblur UI isn't my favourite, but it looks quite snappy on that beast. I hope that Moto will not fail again, locking the Atrix's bootloader.








Overall I got the feeling, that the Android overtook the CES. Lot's of manufacturers, lots of carriers, lots of differnet devices - that's all connected with one mobile operating system. I'm really impressed, and looking for more at MWC 2011.



P.S.

And now I'm not sure, which device should I buy. The Optimus 2x will be out soon, and it surely will get community love, it's really good device - with nice specs and build quality, but than came the Atrix. I don't know if I should trust Motorola, since I will surely mod my device, and I dont wanna meet the locked bootloader problem. Also it will take time for it to come to Europe, just like Droid 2.
But the specs are sooo good...

No comments:

Post a Comment